The EVS product range is developed by Engovis Limited (previously SimpEco Engineering Ltd) and represents an evolution of the SimpBMS.
– Knowledge of EV batteries, automotive wiring and computers are needed, however the new EVS range comes with a comprehensive user manual.
– The user manual is designed to maximise the chances of successful implementation
– EVS-MCU comes with all connectors and pins
– Recommended additional purchase: EVS-CAT (CAN Adapter Tool) a setup interface needed for CAN parameter setup
– This is not a plug and play system and the purchaser of this product is responsible for installing the system
The EVS-MCU is aimed at running and controlling the Outlander RDU (Rear Drive Unit) and inverter: High Level Features
– Controlling 12 V contactors, economised or un-economised
– Controlling drivetrain cooling relay
– Safety/HVIL loop monitoring
– Monitoring third party BMS on CAN bus
– Controlling brake lights, pedal and regen
– OBD2 interface – compatibility with apps including Torque Pro
– Configuration over CAN bus using dedicated EVS-CAT CAN adapter and software